Ubuntu Africa relies on the generous support of people like you to be able to operate its programs for HIV positive children. Check out the many fun and creative ways that you can raise money to support UBA’s work. Dream up your own fundraising ideas or view our suggestions below.
You can click on our fundraising toolkits below which have details about how to raise money. Here are just a few of the many fun ways you can raise funds:
- Benefit dinner party
- Sweet sixteen to support UBA!
- Charity auction
- Run/Walk/Bike for UBA – Sponsor UBA at Your Next Race!
- Battle of the Bands for Charity
Get involved and raise money for Ubuntu Africa through the exciting Traveling Ubuntu Box initiative!
After shooting a documentary about Ubuntu Africa in 2009, “Thomas Hitzlsperger and the Township Children,” Sigrid Klausmann, the director, Thomas Hitzlsperger a world renowned soccer player, and Walter Sittler, an actor and the producer of the documentary, wanted to get involved and make a difference.
All of the experiences and impressions gathered while they were shooting the documentary in Khayelitsha, South Africa have gone into the creation of the Traveling Ubuntu Box for the HIV-positive children that we support!
What is a Traveling Ubuntu Box?
A Traveling Ubuntu Box is a box decorated with photos of Ubuntu Africa’s children and staff and used to collect donations at special events!
Create your own box and bring it to birthday parties, anniversaries, corporate events, and family holidays – any event that will garner support for UBA’s HIV-positive kids!
Once donations have been collected:
- Take a picture of your box with your friends and submit the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org to post it on our website;
- Send the donations to Ubuntu Africa (either by check or online donation);
- Write your name and email address at the bottom of the box; and
- Send the box to a friend to collect the next donations!