Press and Media
Ubuntu Africa in the news!
Ubuntu Africa has had the wonderful opportunity of being featured in many pubications, both print and online. Please read below the various articles written about UBA and our HIV Care Center in South Africa!
* Ubuntu Africa Launches Global World AIDS Day Campaign for HIV+ Youth in South Africa, 2013 – Read the fully story on Newsday
* Bedford team aims to raise $50k for UBA at Westchester Tri on Sunday September 29th, 2013- Full story from Bedford-Katonah Patch
*Jane Jourdan and Justin Ramos perform MUSIC4U benefit concert, July 2013 . More here
* Info and inspiration on UBA’s Spring Fling May 31st. By Grace Hammerstein via the Yorktown Somers-Patch
* More on the Telluride AIDS Benefit and UBA as Honorary Beneficiary, from UBA Founding Board Chair, Doni Belau. Read the full story via Bonjour Colorado
* UBA named OneUP South Africa’s charity partner for May/June 2013. Raising funds and organizing some fun and education for UBA kids. Read about our partnership
* Whitney Johnson visits The Harvey School, NY, meets with high school senior to commend schools’ creative UBA fundraising efforts – See more from the Bedford-Katonah Patch
*Rippowam Cisqua alum, Whitney Johnson receives distinguished alumni award, Feb. 2013 – Read more from the Bedford-Katonah Patch
*More background about Telluride AIDS Benefit (TAB) and Whitney Johnson, representing Ubuntu Africa as a 2013 Honorary Beneficiary – See article from Telluride Daily Planet
*Teluride AIDS Benefit (TAB) welcomes UBA as Honorary Beneficiary, Feb 2013 – Founder Whitney Johnson to speak - Read more
*Special appearance by Vanessa Williams, UBA’s Ambassador of Health, Hope and Happiness, at Ubuntu Africa’s World AIDS 2012 Day Event in New York City Saturday December 8th. As featured in CentricTV.com
* Ubuntu Africa’s World AIDS Day Campaign 2012 with Ambassador Vanessa Williams builds awareness, support and hope for children in South Africa. As featured in Bedford-Katonah Patch
* Ubuntu Africa and Whitney Johnson featured in the April 10, 2012 edition of The Daily Bedford.
* Ubuntu Africa’s World AIDS Day Campaign with Ambassador Vanessa Williams highlighted in the Bedford-Katonah Patch
* Ubuntu Africa featured in the November 2011 edition of Readers Digest.
* Ubuntu Africa featured in Town Vibe for the May Special Issue.
* Ubuntu Africa and Whitney Johnson featured on Fox News for World Aids Day, December 1st, 2010.